Updated : 1 March 2021
Our distillery tours & experiences will unfortunately not be able to re-open in March, following the government announcement of gradual relaxation.
We anticipate re-opening on 17 May 2021.
Any customers holding a booking during March – 16 May will be contacted by email, with information on deferral. We are truly sorry and sad not to be reopening our wonderful distillery for visitors as we head into Spring.
All customers who hold a booking from 17 May 2021 onwards – your tour/experience will run as planned at present – if this changes we will email you and update this page.
Our DistillerysShop remains open, both for Click & Collect and Covid-Secure customer visits.
Our distillery shop opening hours are Wed-Sat, 10am-5pm; Sun 10am-4pm; Closed Mon-Tues.
Our Stratford shop at No 1 High St is currently closed.
Our online shop is still available and we will continue to dispatch Gin (and Hand Sanitiser!) to keep you well supplied at home.
If you wish to ‘Click & Collect’ please select this delivery method at checkout.
We regret that at present we are unable to take bookings for personal groups larger than 6 due to the new government regulations.
We have a hand sanitiser station on entrance to the shop (our own sanitiser!) and face masks will need to be worn. We appreciate your co-operation with this.
All those who were booked onto an experience during any period of UK lockdown have been contacted by email to advise on how to re-book. If you have not received an email and hold a deferred booking please email us at [email protected]
Gift Vouchers / Tour Vouchers
Shakespeare Distillery Gift Vouchers recipients can have the expiry date extended to 31/12/21 to account for the three lockdown closures.
Please note that our gift voucher expiry date is the date by which the recipient simply needs to make their booking online or by phone by, and not necessarily the date by which they have to take their experience.
For those in possession of a Travelzoo tour voucher expiring during 2020 they have now been extended until 31.12.21.
For those in possession of a Virgin Experience Days voucher for one of our experiences, these can now be redeemed again or extended for 6 months free of charge by visiting their website, https://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/myvoucher
For updated information on our postponed River Avon Gin Cruises please visit this page.
As a small independent business we would like to thank you for the support you have shown us during this difficult period and we look forward to welcoming you back to the distillery.
We have a new coffee and cocktail lounge as a waiting area, however to ensure safe spacing between earlier tour groups, it would help us if you could arrive no earlier than 30 minutes prior to your experience start time.
We have been working hard to ensure we are able to run tours in a safe way, following government guidance whilst also maintaining the fun and relaxed atmosphere we try to create here at Shakespeare Distillery.
We have had to make a few changes to the way we operate our experiences, including reducing our capacity to enable sufficient space for social distancing.
We would appreciate your support to ensure the safety of all whilst on site by following the directions of our team.
Here are a few things you can do to help us:
1. If you or any of your party are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (persistent cough, fever or loss of taste and smell) then please do not come to the distillery, instead please contact us via email [email protected] or telephone 01789 336559 as soon as is practical to let us know and we will re-arrange your experience for a later date.
2. A hand sanitising station is in place at the entrance to the distillery, we ask everybody to please sanitise your hands when entering.
3. Upon arrival you will be asked to check-in at our desk which is situated just inside of the main customer entrance. You will be assigned a table for two within our newly opened coffee and cocktail lounge, where you can relax and wait for the experience to commence. Hot and cold drinks and snacks will be available to purchase.
If there are already customers registering at the check-in desk we kindly ask you to wait outside of the main entrance until the desk is clear.
The NHS COVID-19 app can be used to check-in on arrival by scanning the QR code in our reception area.
4. During the experiences we will have the windows and outside doors open to ensure good ventilation, therefore if it is a cool day please consider wearing warmer clothing.
5. Our team will direct you around the building to maintain a safe distance (at least 1m+) throughout your experience, please follow their instructions.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to our distillery and to once again share our passion for making our truly craft distilled award-winning spirits.
Simon & Peter